The lovely people at Mitchell Cycles have come up with a cracker of an offer for SMTBE Members this Christmas – 50% off selected knee and elbow pads.
Got lots of club activities for you:
- Saturday – Davinia is leading a Breeze ride (ladies only) from Mouldon Hill along route 45 old railway line to Cerney and back
- Sunday – we’re at the Forest of Dean with mixed and Ladies groups. We will be doing a bit of skills work as part of the Swinley preparations, using a bit of Freeminers and the skills areas, as well as at least one Verderers lap and some downhill runs too.
- Tuesday – we’re off to Bike Park Wales! This is a PAYG trip, so don’t worry about not having booked – we will be using the pay as you go uplift and maybe 1 pedal up if people are feeling like it.
Happy Trails 🚵♀️
After a successful first batch of club jerseys, we’re cracking straight on with the second batch of orders.
Our order page is open again and can be found here: http://swindonmtbenthusiasts.co.uk/join-the-club/club-shirts/
We went to Tidworth the other weekend with Team Mitchell Cycles to get shown around and practice a bit for the Root1 race that’s coming at the end of April.
It’s about excellent bike park and although it’s downhill runs, they are nicely progressive, starting small and going right up to ludicrous! Good training facilities too – a skills and jumps area and progressive drops section as well.
So check it out – there’s a special guest too 😀
For the second episode of SMTBE 2, we visited Swinley Forest near Bracknell. Continue reading SMTBE TV Episode 2 – Swinley Forest
We’ve got a new club discount, 20% off the rather “bright” looking MTB helmets from Hardnutz. Continue reading New club discount: HardnutZ MTB Helmets
Big news – Swindon MTB Enthusiasts is now affiliated to British Cycling! This means club members can now get free Bronze British Cycling membership, or discounted Silver or Gold Memberships, which gives a host of nice benefits:
- Liability and legal insurance to cover you when you cycle
- 10% off at Halfords
- Once a month code for 10% off at Chain Reaction Cycles
- A provisional racing licence to allow you to compete in BC sanctioned races
- Bike insurance discounts
- Lots of other discounts too
It also means you can put your club as Swindon MTB Enthusiasts when you race.
Partnering with British Cycling allows the club to do more things in future, and the appointment of our Welfare Officer, Davinia, those future plans include some events for younger riders, so keep you eyes open for more announcements.
So if you’re not a club member yet, you’ve more good reasons to join – and you can join online here.
If you’re a long term Swindon resident you’ll probably have heard of multi generational family bike shop Mitchell Cycles. You may even have been to their shop by the stadium in town. Still family run, the outside of the shop shows a plethora of bikes for all ages of the family.
What you might not have known about though, is the Shangri-La of some of the best mountain bikes and kit that’s tucked away upstairs. It seems to be a best kept secret, but I popped in today and there was so much great stuff (especially the new gear), that I need to share!
If you’re wistfully looking out of the work window at the improved weather wishing you were on your bike, don’t forget we’ve our Thursday Night Social Ride from the Jovial Monk at St Andrews Ridge tonight at 7pm.