We’ve got a busy week and even, dare we say it, the possibility of some nice weather too!
First Dave will take the lead on Tuesday 17th @ 19:00 from the Bayberry. The plan is to head into the hills in search of a dry trail…..
On Wednesday evening Davinia will host the Evening Session @ The Croft Trail from 17:45
Thursday sees two events.
First up is Claire with a Morning Motivator ride @ Tidworth Freeride from 10am
On Thursday evening we have the SMTBE Thursday Night Social, this is an all abilities relaxed urban ride from the Tawny Owl @ 19:00
See you on the trails!
Don’t forget our “Try a Trail” event at Croft on Sunday. This is perfect if you’ve not tried mountain biking or a trail before. We will be taking groups around (mixed and ladies only) and our club coach will be on hand to demonstrate a bike check and offer riding advice.
Continue reading Don’t forget our Trail a Trail ride
It’s back by popular demand, the SMTBE 2018 Lake District All-Mountain Adventure
Continue reading 2018 Lake District Trip
We’ve got lots of events going on this weekend, covering all sorts:
Click the links for full details – see you on the trails!
We’ve 2 rides coming up with Sunday and the usual evening rides next week too.
- First up is our first club trip to Tidworth on Sunday. This is the postponed opening weekend and our practice visit for those doing the Root1 race at the end of April – 10am at Tidworth.
- And at the same time on Sunday we have our weekly Ladies Leisure Ride, this time going from Chiseldon to Croft and back. Join Davinia at the Three Trees cafe for a 10am start.
- Wednesday evening is our regular club trip to Croft – suitable for all levels and we should get 2-3 laps in daylight too. Meet at 5.30pm in the Croft car park.
- There will also be Tuesday and Thursday night rides – details will be posted soon.
After a very successful trip in 2016, we’re running another trip this September – 1st-5th. Continue reading Lake District Trip 2017
We have a great selection of rides going on this week, different start times, routes and difficulty.
A lot of the rides are also beginner focussed, our regular Ladies ride and an away day to Afan:
See you out there!
We’ve a new regular week night ride starting up – each Tuesday and the first will be from Coate Water to Marlborough along the old railway line.
Led by our chairman Joe, it’s a good one for putting some miles under your belt for not much effect, as the surface is good and largely flat .
See more details on the event page here.
This week we’re back at Croft, with the option of a gentle beginners loop of the Old Town Railway line cycle path as well and then Friday sees the return of Davinia’s Ladies Leisure Rides.
Lots of new things going on this week with Swindon MTB Enthusiasts!
- Wednesday night (13th) at 6.30pm we’ve got something new – a beginners ride from Waitrose in Wichelstowe. It’s a nice gentle 6 mile loop on the old railway line, taking in Croft on the way back.
- Thursday night (14th) at 6.30pm again, John’s Thursday social ride is going from the Sun Inn at Coate off to Marlborough for dinner and back.
- Sunday 17th we will be at the Swindon Cycling Festival at the County Ground Athletics Track. There’s masses of cycling related things going on and we will have a club stall there, with competitions, prizes and info on the club and our rides. Starts at 10am
- Oh and some of us are also off to Bike Park Wales on Sunday, to try not to break ourselves on the new A470!
Hope to see you at one of these great events