We have a fantastic Peak District trip coming up on the last May Bank Holiday weekend (25th-27th May). 3 days of fantastic views and riding on offer, with routes for all.Continue reading Peak District may trip
We’ve got a busy week and even, dare we say it, the possibility of some nice weather too!
First Dave will take the lead on Tuesday 17th @ 19:00 from the Bayberry. The plan is to head into the hills in search of a dry trail…..
On Wednesday evening Davinia will host the Evening Session @ The Croft Trail from 17:45
Thursday sees two events.
First up is Claire with a Morning Motivator ride @ Tidworth Freeride from 10am
On Thursday evening we have the SMTBE Thursday Night Social, this is an all abilities relaxed urban ride from the Tawny Owl @ 19:00
See you on the trails!
As you may have noticed we have now added gradings to all our club events. The Idea is to provide members information on the type of ride based on fitness and technical difficulty.
It’s back by popular demand, the SMTBE 2018 Lake District All-Mountain Adventure
We loved the Swinduro last September, so we’re super excited to see it back early with a ladies only race on 18th March!
We are holding our AGM on Wednesday 10th January at 7pm at The Plough in Wanborough. Continue reading SMTBE AGM
We’ve got lots of events going on this weekend, covering all sorts:
- Friday 27th October, 9.30am – Breeze Ladies & under 16’s ride round Lydiard Park – half term special!
- Saturday 28th October, 10am – FoD Training day – club coach Gaz is on hand to give pointers on how to improve your riding
- Sunday 29th October, 10am – Swinley Monster Mash up – halloween ride round Swinley Forest, taking in everything: Blue, Red, Singletrack, DH and Enduro stages!
Click the links for full details – see you on the trails!
A bright and early Saturday morning saw the ladies of Swindon MTB Enthusiasts (plus our heroic photographer Adrian) heading to the fresh pastures of the Fly up 417 bike park. The event run by the Ladies do DH group headed by the ever enthusiastic Amanda was due to be the biggest that they had organised to date (nearly 50 women) and the first hosted by the 417 and its wonderful coaches.
Got lots of club activities for you:
- Saturday – Davinia is leading a Breeze ride (ladies only) from Mouldon Hill along route 45 old railway line to Cerney and back
- Sunday – we’re at the Forest of Dean with mixed and Ladies groups. We will be doing a bit of skills work as part of the Swinley preparations, using a bit of Freeminers and the skills areas, as well as at least one Verderers lap and some downhill runs too.
- Tuesday – we’re off to Bike Park Wales! This is a PAYG trip, so don’t worry about not having booked – we will be using the pay as you go uplift and maybe 1 pedal up if people are feeling like it.
Happy Trails 🚵♀️