Our May MTB Wellness is on 9th May, doing a loop from the Three Trees Cafe to the Vale of Rockley and back on the old railway line.
Our apologies, but due to this weekend’s storm, we have had to postpone the MTB Wellness ride that was due to take place tomorrow. It will now be run on Saturday 14th March – please see the new event for full details
We’ve had lots of requests for starter rides recently and given we’re in RED january, we’ve decided to do something to fit in with that.
So, MTB Wellness. There are many benefits that mountain biking bring – both physical and mental, but getting started can be a little daunting. Whether you’re nervous about exercising, cycling or don’t really know where to start with cycling off road, hopefully we can help get you going.
We will be doing a series of rides, which will all be short with gentle inclines (no big hills or miles), all led by qualified ride leaders who can offer support and advice along the with.Continue reading MTB Wellness
Next week’s Tuesday Short Ride is a special short ride and we will be leading a ride that will include parents and children under 18. This ride will be about an hour and a half and children must be capable of riding 20-25k and be confident riding up hills and off road. We will be going up onto the Ridgeway, so this is a great chance for those that have been to Croft to go for a longer ride up into the hills.
Check out the event for full details:
We have a fantastic Peak District trip coming up on the last May Bank Holiday weekend (25th-27th May). 3 days of fantastic views and riding on offer, with routes for all.Continue reading Peak District may trip
We’ve got a busy week and even, dare we say it, the possibility of some nice weather too!
First Dave will take the lead on Tuesday 17th @ 19:00 from the Bayberry. The plan is to head into the hills in search of a dry trail…..
On Wednesday evening Davinia will host the Evening Session @ The Croft Trail from 17:45
Thursday sees two events.
First up is Claire with a Morning Motivator ride @ Tidworth Freeride from 10am
On Thursday evening we have the SMTBE Thursday Night Social, this is an all abilities relaxed urban ride from the Tawny Owl @ 19:00
See you on the trails!
As you may have noticed we have now added gradings to all our club events. The Idea is to provide members information on the type of ride based on fitness and technical difficulty.
We’ve got lots of events going on this weekend, covering all sorts:
- Friday 27th October, 9.30am – Breeze Ladies & under 16’s ride round Lydiard Park – half term special!
- Saturday 28th October, 10am – FoD Training day – club coach Gaz is on hand to give pointers on how to improve your riding
- Sunday 29th October, 10am – Swinley Monster Mash up – halloween ride round Swinley Forest, taking in everything: Blue, Red, Singletrack, DH and Enduro stages!
Click the links for full details – see you on the trails!
Got lots of club activities for you:
- Saturday – Davinia is leading a Breeze ride (ladies only) from Mouldon Hill along route 45 old railway line to Cerney and back
- Sunday – we’re at the Forest of Dean with mixed and Ladies groups. We will be doing a bit of skills work as part of the Swinley preparations, using a bit of Freeminers and the skills areas, as well as at least one Verderers lap and some downhill runs too.
- Tuesday – we’re off to Bike Park Wales! This is a PAYG trip, so don’t worry about not having booked – we will be using the pay as you go uplift and maybe 1 pedal up if people are feeling like it.
Happy Trails 🚵♀️