We’ve had lots of requests for starter rides recently and given we’re in RED january, we’ve decided to do something to fit in with that.
So, MTB Wellness. There are many benefits that mountain biking bring – both physical and mental, but getting started can be a little daunting. Whether you’re nervous about exercising, cycling or don’t really know where to start with cycling off road, hopefully we can help get you going.
We will be doing a series of rides, which will all be short with gentle inclines (no big hills or miles), all led by qualified ride leaders who can offer support and advice along the with.
Continue reading MTB Wellness
Next week’s Tuesday Short Ride is a special short ride and we will be leading a ride that will include parents and children under 18. This ride will be about an hour and a half and children must be capable of riding 20-25k and be confident riding up hills and off road. We will be going up onto the Ridgeway, so this is a great chance for those that have been to Croft to go for a longer ride up into the hills.
Check out the event for full details:
We have a fantastic Peak District trip coming up on the last May Bank Holiday weekend (25th-27th May). 3 days of fantastic views and riding on offer, with routes for all.
Continue reading Peak District may trip
We’ve got a busy week and even, dare we say it, the possibility of some nice weather too!
First Dave will take the lead on Tuesday 17th @ 19:00 from the Bayberry. The plan is to head into the hills in search of a dry trail…..
On Wednesday evening Davinia will host the Evening Session @ The Croft Trail from 17:45
Thursday sees two events.
First up is Claire with a Morning Motivator ride @ Tidworth Freeride from 10am
On Thursday evening we have the SMTBE Thursday Night Social, this is an all abilities relaxed urban ride from the Tawny Owl @ 19:00
See you on the trails!
Don’t forget our “Try a Trail” event at Croft on Sunday. This is perfect if you’ve not tried mountain biking or a trail before. We will be taking groups around (mixed and ladies only) and our club coach will be on hand to demonstrate a bike check and offer riding advice.
Continue reading Don’t forget our Trail a Trail ride
As you may have noticed we have now added gradings to all our club events. The Idea is to provide members information on the type of ride based on fitness and technical difficulty.
Continue reading Club Ride Grading
We’ve got lots of events going on this weekend, covering all sorts:
Click the links for full details – see you on the trails!
Got lots of club activities for you:
- Saturday – Davinia is leading a Breeze ride (ladies only) from Mouldon Hill along route 45 old railway line to Cerney and back
- Sunday – we’re at the Forest of Dean with mixed and Ladies groups. We will be doing a bit of skills work as part of the Swinley preparations, using a bit of Freeminers and the skills areas, as well as at least one Verderers lap and some downhill runs too.
- Tuesday – we’re off to Bike Park Wales! This is a PAYG trip, so don’t worry about not having booked – we will be using the pay as you go uplift and maybe 1 pedal up if people are feeling like it.
Happy Trails 🚵♀️
We’ve 2 rides coming up with Sunday and the usual evening rides next week too.
- First up is our first club trip to Tidworth on Sunday. This is the postponed opening weekend and our practice visit for those doing the Root1 race at the end of April – 10am at Tidworth.
- And at the same time on Sunday we have our weekly Ladies Leisure Ride, this time going from Chiseldon to Croft and back. Join Davinia at the Three Trees cafe for a 10am start.
- Wednesday evening is our regular club trip to Croft – suitable for all levels and we should get 2-3 laps in daylight too. Meet at 5.30pm in the Croft car park.
- There will also be Tuesday and Thursday night rides – details will be posted soon.
We have added an additional category to our events calendar – Ladies Rides. This means you can filter or subscribe to a calendar of just Ladies Rides should you want to.
This is a Ladies Only ride, led by Davinia.
We meet at Mouldon Hill in the car park and then follow route 45 South past Shaw Forest and pick up the West Swindon Round to Lydiard Park. We will stop at Lydiard for a drink and maybe a cake! Then back continuing on the West Swindon round and back up the old railway line to Mouldon Hill.
This is a very gentle ride, and is no more than 9 miles.
It is aimed at beginners and upwards and is for every ability.
It’s a chance to get back on the bike, have a chat and feel happy!
You will need a helmet, bike and yourself!
This ride is suitable for all mountain bikes or hybrid bikes with off road tyres.
Subscribe to filtered calendar