We have a fantastic Peak District trip coming up on the last May Bank Holiday weekend (25th-27th May). 3 days of fantastic views and riding on offer, with routes for all.Continue reading Peak District may trip
We’ve got a busy week and even, dare we say it, the possibility of some nice weather too!
First Dave will take the lead on Tuesday 17th @ 19:00 from the Bayberry. The plan is to head into the hills in search of a dry trail…..
On Wednesday evening Davinia will host the Evening Session @ The Croft Trail from 17:45
Thursday sees two events.
First up is Claire with a Morning Motivator ride @ Tidworth Freeride from 10am
On Thursday evening we have the SMTBE Thursday Night Social, this is an all abilities relaxed urban ride from the Tawny Owl @ 19:00
See you on the trails!
It’s back by popular demand, the SMTBE 2018 Lake District All-Mountain Adventure
We’ve got lots of events going on this weekend, covering all sorts:
- Friday 27th October, 9.30am – Breeze Ladies & under 16’s ride round Lydiard Park – half term special!
- Saturday 28th October, 10am – FoD Training day – club coach Gaz is on hand to give pointers on how to improve your riding
- Sunday 29th October, 10am – Swinley Monster Mash up – halloween ride round Swinley Forest, taking in everything: Blue, Red, Singletrack, DH and Enduro stages!
Click the links for full details – see you on the trails!
Got lots of club activities for you:
- Saturday – Davinia is leading a Breeze ride (ladies only) from Mouldon Hill along route 45 old railway line to Cerney and back
- Sunday – we’re at the Forest of Dean with mixed and Ladies groups. We will be doing a bit of skills work as part of the Swinley preparations, using a bit of Freeminers and the skills areas, as well as at least one Verderers lap and some downhill runs too.
- Tuesday – we’re off to Bike Park Wales! This is a PAYG trip, so don’t worry about not having booked – we will be using the pay as you go uplift and maybe 1 pedal up if people are feeling like it.
Happy Trails 🚵♀️
We’ve 2 rides coming up with Sunday and the usual evening rides next week too.
- First up is our first club trip to Tidworth on Sunday. This is the postponed opening weekend and our practice visit for those doing the Root1 race at the end of April – 10am at Tidworth.
- And at the same time on Sunday we have our weekly Ladies Leisure Ride, this time going from Chiseldon to Croft and back. Join Davinia at the Three Trees cafe for a 10am start.
- Wednesday evening is our regular club trip to Croft – suitable for all levels and we should get 2-3 laps in daylight too. Meet at 5.30pm in the Croft car park.
- There will also be Tuesday and Thursday night rides – details will be posted soon.
We have added an additional category to our events calendar – Ladies Rides. This means you can filter or subscribe to a calendar of just Ladies Rides should you want to.
A huge gathering at lunch will set us up for an afternoon of yet more trail fun!
Please note….. Helmets are compulsory at BikePark Wales and Full face helmets are advisable.
We’ve not been to FoD for ages, so we’re going to do another “FoD 4 All” event.
Basing ourselves at Pedalabikeaway, we will have several ride leaders, offering different rides for all abilities – a great introduction if you’ve not been before.
A lap of the legendary Verderers is bound to be on the agenda, but also downhill trails and some of the techy super steep off piste tracks in the Cannop Valley too.
We will also have at least one coach on offer if anyone wants to session some features, such as roots, jumps or drops, or certain sections of trail (the top of Corkscrew has a great sequence of features in one short run for learning).
Meet at outside the Pedalabikeaway café at 10.30am
So we’re going to do this excellent final round in the amazing Peak District in 2019.
Although the main event is on the Sunday, there are also a Ladies Ride on the Saturday morning and a night marathon on the Saturday night, which has a choice of distances and light hire available from Exposure Lights.
On the Sunday 3 distances are available – Mini (25km), Half (45km) and Full (65km!). Bear in mind it’s in the Peak District, and the hills are big too, as well as the distance!
We’ve got members booked on the Half, but all routes start out together.
For the second episode of SMTBE 2, we visited Swinley Forest near Bracknell. Continue reading SMTBE TV Episode 2 – Swinley Forest